The Burger Project
Always impressive to see the business owner clearing tables and meeting customers, especially when the owner is Australian icon Neil Perry. Famed for high end restaurants with Rockpool and Spice Temple it seemed an unlikely move for Neil to flip into burgers but he has approached it with the same finesse and high standards with Cape Grim beef featuring across the restaurant and real pride in serving quality beef to the punters.
We use the finest Cape Grim beef in Australia.
The beef is cut, minced and rolled into patties by hand daily.
We use all natural ingredients, that’s no hormones & no antibiotics.
The produce we use is hand selected & premium quality.
And it shows in the final product! I often talk about burgers tasting of meat and I mean it, you know the ones that don’t when they have packed in so much ‘filler’ that it loses that real grilled meat flavour. Or they put so many spices and herbs in to try and mask the fact they are using poor quality meat.
WE COOK OUR BEEF PATTIES TO A TENDER, JUICY MEDIUM. NOT YOUR THING? LET US KNOW AND WE’LL KEEP GRILLING YOUR BURGER UNTIL IT’S WELL DONE.
So at a time when basic foods are selling at the higher ends of the pricing spectrum – pizzas for $29, pasta for $35 – It’s flour and water people!! The Burger Project is offering a good quality feed for a very reasonable price – hence we have included all of the prices in the burgers you can enjoy….. so what will you have?…
- The Classic for just $8.90 with grass fed beef, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce.
- American Cheese just $9.90 with grass fed beef, cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce, secret sauce and rose mayo
- Cheese just $9.90 with grass fed beef, cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce
- Cheese and bacon just $10.90 with grass fed beef, cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce
- Double just $13.90 with 2x grass fed beef, cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce
- Chilli Cheese just $10.50 with grass fed beef, cheese, jalapeno, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce
- Aussie just $10.90 with grass fed beef, cheese, beetroot, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce
- The Bacon project just $13.90 with grass fed beef, loads of bacon, cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, lettuce and secret sauce.
That’s a whole lotta burgers to keep you going for a while! And there are also Fried Chicken burgers, Magic Mushroom burgers and for those gluten haters there is the Burger in a bowl – same price, your fave burger, no bun, extra lettuce – sorted!
We went for a Classic and a Cheese – starting with the basics. Buns were just right, not too big, fresh, bouncy and holding everything together till the last bite. Salad was fresh, not too much to hide the burger. Condiments all good, not sure whats in that secret sauce but I was super happy AND the burger itself was delish, meaty wonderful, rose pink perfection – totally loved.
Chips come with salt, chipotle chilli salt and Sichuan pepper salt – happy days!
Desserts include ice cream desserts The Bounty Hunter with vanilla bean ice cream, Valrhona chocolate sauce, toasted coconut and crushed meringue or blue berry pie or lots more plus thick shakes and plenty of other delicious burger diner style treats!
It’s a great burger spot and I know we’ll be back soon for some more Perry Burger fun.