Scallops with Corn
Makes entree for two lucky people 😉
- 6 scallops (ours were really good frozen ones thawed)
- Cup of sweetcorn
- Cup of creamed corn
- Finely diced small onion
- 1/2 of bacon or speck
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- Pinch of chilli
- Knob of butter
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Whether using bacon or speck – trim the fat off and dice or batton.
- Melt down half of the fat with a splash of oil and add the bacon. Go super gnarly and save half on some kitchen towel.
- Add the onion with salt, pepper and chilli flakes to same pan with the leftover fat
- Add corn, creamed corn and cream or milk and bring to a bubble
- In a separate pan heat up hot with remaining fat oil and butter and then add the scallops
- Caramalise on both sides, about 3 minutes each.
- Serve with corn on the base and add the scallops on top and the burnt butter and crispy bacon bits on top