A little Petit Gateau? Coffee and cake is a lovely European tradition that we should embrace more, especially when you live within walking distance of the lovely Bibelot. Little sister to Chez Dre, when they realised there was a whole heap of customers coming in just for the desserts they cleverly set up a separate café and extended their offering with glass cabinets filled with beautiful cokes of all colours and flavours plus macarons, biscuits, ice cream, bon bons and their own chocolate range .
There are plenty of tables inside and out and the do table service so all you have to do is choose what delectable treat you want….
- Blackcurrant & Vanilla Dome with vanilla mousse, blackcurrant compote, blackcurrant crème, vanilla sponge, almond-vanilla sablé
- ‘Apple Pie’ & Caramel Bar with green apple mousse, caramel crémeux, apple compote, cinnamon pain de gênes, galette au beurre
- Green Tea-Madarin Dome with green tea ‘matcha’ mousse, mandarin gelée, yuzu crème, soft chocolate biscuit, chocolate feuilletine crunch
- Guava & Strawberry ‘Fraisier’ – white chocolate mousse, biscuit cuillière, native pepper financier, feuilletine crunch, strawberry-guava mousse
- Mango, Yuzu & Coconut Dome with mango mousse, caramelised coconut crème, yuzu crémeux, coconut dacquoise, salted peanut streusel
- Caramel Tart with caramel mousse, chocolate crémeux, salted caramel crème, peanut-cocao nib tuile, chocolate ganache, chocolate crumb, almond sablé
- Chocolate-Passionfruit Stone with passionfruit mousse, passionfruit gelée, chocolate mousse, passionfruit crème, sesame tuile, soft chocolate biscuit, caramelised cocoa nibs
- Hazelnut-Praline Crunch with hazelnut dacquoise, gianduja mousse, chocolate crémeux, praline crunch, chocolate chantilly, hazelnut & chocolate crumble
- Chocolate, Coffee & Kahlúa Liquor with milk chocolate mousse, coffee crémeux, mascarpone-khalúa chantilly, chocolate ganache, coffee crunch, khalúa sponge
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with rich chocolate cream cheese mousse, white chocolate chantilly, milk chocolate bavaroise, chocolate crumb
WOW – how did you go choosing?!?!
We negotiated for a fair while before settling on the Green Tea-Madarin Dome with green tea ‘matcha’ mousse, mandarin gelée, yuzu crème, soft chocolate biscuit, chocolate feuilletine crunch. So much goes into one little cake! Loved the green tea and mandarin flavours, just zesty and vibrant and wonderful creaminess that was quite light.
The Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with rich chocolate cream cheese mousse, white chocolate chantilly, milk chocolate bavaroise, chocolate crumb was hubby’s choice and it was a chocolate overload, best to break up with my nice fruity cake, would be perfect with a glass of bubbles!!
My waistline can’t afford to stop by too often but we really are spoilt to have such a gorgeous shop just around the corner.